Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, so I get that it's practically a month late, but my blogging has been unavoidably detained as of late. Did you have a pleasant Valentine's Day? I hope so. Mine was spread out over the weekend, and quite fabulous! The headliner of the event was BamaMan's gift to me......a Food Processor!


Sure, most women prefer more "sentimental" things like choclate, flowers, and the like. Some might even have been offended by the offering of a kitchen appliance. BamaMan was warned by coworkers, and chastised by friends. But here's the funny thing: I love it!

Sure, part of it is because I'm so darn domesticated. I'm the sort of girl who revels in redecorating, and delights in housekeeping. But it's more than that. I've been mentioning my desire for a food processor for months. I assumed it would be one of those things I would save up for a little and eventually buy. And all the while, BamaMan was listening. He acknowledged my desire, remembered my off-hand remarks, thought about what I really wanted, and made it happen.

Now that's romantic!

Next step: Actually using it! Any ideas?

1 comment: