Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Just Like Taco Bell" Quesadillas


Okay, so I wouldn't give something I cooked myself that sort of endorsement (I try to hold on to some shred of modesty), I am merely passing on BamaMan's opinions. Also a favorite with my Daddy, but he still has an obligation to say stuff like that. I am so incredibly blessed by the men in my life! You can make them yourself and see if you agree. (The quesadillas. Not the men. Sorry.)

My recipe was just for the two of us, so you will probably want to double it, in fact the whole recipe is pretty much up to interpretation (I'm almost positive you really can't go wrong) but this is what I used....

1 large (about 1/2 pound) chicken breast
4 8-inch flour tortillas
2 cups of shredded cheese
Taco Seasoning
Water
Salsa, for dipping

1. Boil the chicken breast until cooked through (this would actually be an ideal recipe to use for leftover chicken of some kind - just use whatever you have). When chicken is cooked through use two forks to shred it. Place in medium skillet and follow directions on taco seasoning package to flavor chicken.

2. Heat griddle or skillet and butter surface. When butter is melted, lay first tortilla on top. Layer 1/2 cup cheese, half of chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, and second tortilla. When cheese is starting to melt and the bottom tortilla is browned - flip. When both sides are browned, and cheese is melted, remove from heat and slice however you see fit.

3. Repeat for second Quesadilla!

Admittedly, ridiculously easy. So easy, it was almost difficult to write you a recipe for it :) Perfect for any guys in the house who are biting there manly nails over the College Basketball tournaments.

Enjoy, let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment