Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Last Minute Drop Biscuits


I realize it's been all recipes lately, but I suppose I've just been in that sort of mood. It's been one of those weeks where groceries are starting to run thin, my appetite (unfortunately) is not. That being said, I have taken part in more than one frenzied search of something to munch. So, I did some internet browsing, some tweaking, and finally - BAKING! So, this is for those of you craving something munchable - add butter, jelly, or honey, for extra yummy goodness!

2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 shortening (I'm sure butter would be just as good, if not better)
1 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.

2. Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening with a fork (I found this easier than loading up my food processor, but you may prefer to use one). Stir in milk.

3. Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown

4. Curl up with a cup of coffee, Pride and Prejudice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment