Saturday, September 24, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
We would probably discuss the weather, since I'm super excited about the coming of Fall. I got up super early this morning with Husband and it was still nice and dark as I ate a candlelit breakfast after he left for work. It started raining profusely, looked like it would never stop and, just like that, the sun came out. Crazy September. I'm still secretly keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be nice and crisp today. And you would probably agree with my because Fall is the best. I've been doing my very best to pace myself too. I think you would be proud of me. I haven't stopped at the pumpkin stand once! I haven't gotten any of my decorations out, I haven't even cracked open my October issue of Country Living. I have a will of steel.
At this point I would probably excuse myself to use the ladies room for the fourth time or so. I love being pregnant though. Okay, so maybe I had a phase of over-thinking everything, and reading too far ahead in my books, freaking out a little that there is no way I can adhere to the suggested pregnancy diet, feeling like I need to be doing something. My intentions were good, I was just excited and wanted to do everything right. Luckily, it was brought to my attention by someone who loves me very much, which caused me to do some thinking and take a serious prenatal chill pill. I'm not making any promises that I will now be one of those perfect pregnant women that glow, and look cute and put together, and laugh in the face of prenatal to-do lists, however, I am going to rest in God and enjoy this process........and maybe wait a few more months before I start worrying about whether or not to use disposable diapers. Just sayin'.
I would probably take this opportunity to brag on Husband a little. Cause let's face it, nobody makes me happier that man. I mean, come on, he's a keeper. It's okay to be jealous.
And what about you, friend? What have you been up to? And, after you answered that, it would be over. So sad. But laundry's calling, and I've got dinner to prep. What's on your to do list today?
I'm so glad you stopped by for coffee, have a fabulous Tuesday Friends!
Monday, September 19, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
You should definitely go see Breeann like, right this second!
The rules for this award are:
1. List 7 random facts about myself
2. Link back to the sweetheart who gave me the award
3. Pass it on to 8 other sweethearts
1. Fall is my favorite season (after Christmas, duh!). Something about the cool weather, and the soup eating, and the pumpkins, and the baking, and the sweaters. I don't know, just seems mighty festive, no?
2. Before I got married, I had never sat through an entire televised sporting event, and only a handful of live ones. Then I married a man who wakes up to ESPN, plays fantasy sports, and is a faithful southern college football fan. I really just participated in the beginning to humor him....but the truth is.....it kinda grew on me...a little....okay, a lot.
3. I used to hate ketchup. Everything about it. Now that I'm pregnant, I could eat Idaho out of french fries, just so I could eat them with ketchup. Only with french fries though.
4. My only pregnancy food aversion is fried fish ala Captain D's or Long John Silver. Weird too, cause I used to LOVE it. But now, just typing this is making me feel icky...
5. I recently got a library card for the first time in almost three years. I might be a little bit of a fine collector....keeping track of things is not really my forte. However, it's a new day and I'm attempting to rack up some responsibility. In fact, I need to return some today.
6. Between my childhood and High School years I wanted to be a teacher, lawyer, baker, actor, novelist, singer, journalist, store owner, wedding planner, personal assistant, psychologist, and Homeschool Mom. So far only the Mommy part is sticking.
7. I got my wisdom teeth out almost a year ago, at 22-years-old. Despite my "David after the dentist" expectations, I didn't say anything funny when I came too. I cried - uncontrollably. Apparently it's a common side effect for women
And now my lucky ladies...
1. Melinda at Fine as Frog Hairs
2. Ariel at Void Between the Stars
3. The Frat Pack + Me
4. Heather at Life Made Lovely
5. Alyss at Roots
6. Mandy at Mandipidy
7. Heather at Finding Beauty in Ordinary
Have a great Thursday Friends!
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
It wasn't over anything major, of course. Just an ecstatic morning, moderate noon, and an afternoon of being tempted to tears. And then something kind of amazing happened. God showed up. He reminded me that, pregnant or not, I am not a slave to my emotions. He reminded me that there was a roast waiting for me in the crockpot at home. That work is not forever. That those little twinges in my tummy is the precious Baby I've been waiting on. That Fall is coming, and it's pretty gorgeous. That Husband's red truck would be waiting in the driveway when I got home, and his arms would be waiting inside. And mostly, that He loves me, and His strength is perfected in my weakness.
And I realized, maybe "bad days" aren't really worth the energy....
p.s. Figured out what happened to my sidebars. From now on, if you're looking for followers, labels, etc you can find them at the bottom :)
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
*Insert picture of me (which sadly does not exsist) and my newly developed and completely adorable baby bump*