Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hormones

So, I had what I would consider my first real pregnancy-fueled, emotional, mood swing today (okay, except for the fact that I may, or may not, have cried watching "Tangled" yesterday).

It wasn't over anything major, of course. Just an ecstatic morning, moderate noon, and an afternoon of being tempted to tears. And then something kind of amazing happened. God showed up. He reminded me that, pregnant or not, I am not a slave to my emotions. He reminded me that there was a roast waiting for me in the crockpot at home. That work is not forever. That those little twinges in my tummy is the precious Baby I've been waiting on. That Fall is coming, and it's pretty gorgeous. That Husband's red truck would be waiting in the driveway when I got home, and his arms would be waiting inside. And mostly, that He loves me, and His strength is perfected in my weakness.

And I realized, maybe "bad days" aren't really worth the energy....

p.s. Figured out what happened to my sidebars. From now on, if you're looking for followers, labels, etc you can find them at the bottom :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Bad days are DEFINITELY not worth our energy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Reminds me of the quote I have on our chalkboard....Don't let a bad day make you think you have a bad life.

    ReplyDelete