Thank you April, that was so sweet!
Here are the rules:
1.} Thank and link back to the blog that gave you your award
2.} Share seven things about yourself
3.} Award 5 great bloggers
4.} Contact the bloggers to let them know you've given them an award
Here are my 7 things about myself:
1. I am a terrific self-starter....just not quite as good at self-finishing. No one really talks about that part. I love new beginnings, organizing, and such. I just find myself organizing and cleaning and decorating the same spaces over and over (coughguestroomcough) because I can never seem to get over a certain point. They say self-awareness is half the battle, though, so I'm on my way!
2. I was raised right outside of Seattle, Washington so coffee is more like a ritual than a beverage to me. I used to be kind of a snob about it, but I've reformed. Okay, some people would say I've learned to settle, haha. But hey, sometimes, you just need a decent cup of coffee.
3. While we're on the subject, my parents owned a coffee shop for a short season, and ever since I've had the itch to own my own business. A store, or bakery, or cafe, or something. I don't really like working, though, so I would probably change my mind. And let's be honest, it's mostly when I see pretty office supplies or custom business cards, haha.
4. I love to read, but I don't do very much of it. Here's why: I just graduated with an English degree and it's hard for me to justify reading good, interesting, slightly fluffy modern novels (read: what I really want to read) when there are so many classics I haven't read yet. I've yet to find that balance between the two, so I usually end up reading nothing. Sad, right? I think the simplest thing to do is just to alternate the two. Don't you agree?
5. Right now I work outside of home, because I can, but what I really dream of is being an "at home" mom. That's what my Momma did, and it's what I've always wanted to do. My Momma also homeschooled us, and I think I'd like to homeschool as well, but Bama Man and I have decided to Cross that bridge when we come to it.
6. I play the piano. I am one of those kids who were encouraged, told, commanded to practice....and didn't really. So all my years of lessons have landed me with just enough knowledge to haltingly play...and teach a 7-year-old to play better than I can (which I do). So let this be a lesson to all children currently in lessons - practice! You'll thank me later.
7. I used to be one of those girls who loved big houses with foyers, and "entertaining space," and stair cases, etc. Even though I'm not sure I'm cut out to be the first lady, the idea of living in the White House used to make me swoon. Not so anymore. Maybe it was discovering Antrhopologie. Or maybe I'm going back to my roots of being an almost-city girl. Whatever the cause, I am just in love with the loft apartment, reasonably-sized house type space crammed with the organized clutter of coziness. You know what I mean? No mansion for this girl, thank you very much.
So there you have it! The lovely bloggers upon whom I am bestowing this award are...
1. Ariel @ voidbetweenthestars
2. Melinda @ fineasfroghair
4. Casey @ TheWiegands
5. Emily @ Blueberry'sblog
April, thanks again! And thanks to anyone who reads this blog, leaves comments, etc. I don't say it enough, but it means a lot to me! Go see these lovely ladies, I Adore them! And have a wonderful Wednesday - two more days until the weekend!