Sunday, September 26, 2010

Apathy

The other morning, I woke to the smell of apathy. Okay so it was actually the smell of tacos....last night's tacos. The truth is, I left the dinner dishes in the sink instead of washing them before I went to bed. I'm sure I had a good reason a the time...and by "good" I mean I really didn't need a reason. And hey, I've got nothing against tacos. They were delicious. But that is not what you want to be greeted with on your way to the coffee maker. Then I had to take valuable time out of my morning to take care of them. Time I could have spent blogging - er- doing Spanish homework. The fact of the matter is, the reason I left the dishes is that my good friend apathy told me to.



Apathy and I go way back. Turns out when you're a kid and your parents tell you to stop hanging out with her, and you don't cause you figure you'll eventually grow out of the relationship...you're wrong. No, apathy has moved into my married life with me. I'd offer her the guest room, but she prefers to follow me around the house. She's the reason I leave clutter in Bama Man's car, why I leave dirty dishes in the living room, why I don't start on Spanish till the week it's due, why my laundry piles up, and why I "forget" to spend time with God in the morning. I mean, it's true that sometimes I just don't have time for things, but it's when I have time to use and I choose to spend it the wrong way or neglect to take a second of it to look around me that I find myself in trouble. Well, no more.



Apathy, you've been friend-dumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment