Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yes, I Know It's The 12th


Though I'm not a general believer in New Year's resolutions I am a firm believer in self-improvement. Sometimes self-imprvement is like stepping into a vat of ice water, but hey, it's good for you (the improvement, not the ice water) And so, as ambitious as this list has gotten, here are a few thoughts for my new year.....

1. Get my wedding album developed - It's been almost a year for goodness sake

2. Develop an organization/cleaning schedule, and stick to it - No matter how tired I am after work

3. Pick 12 deserving books from my over-crowded shelves and actually read them

4. Write to my Meme every-other Friday

5. Purge my wardrobe and other formerly-beloved things that could use a better home - As well as recirculate and put to god use the things I can't live without

6. Have a Yard Sale - That stuff's got to go somewhere

7. Set up my guestroom and put it to proper use at least once this year - It is currently serving as the scary room full of misplaced junk that you see on shows like "Clean House"

8. Become an expert on Irish history and culture - For a third generation immigrant, obsessed about her roots, I know embarrassingly little about the beautiful county I (partially) came from

9. Cook or Bake one new thing a week - Topping the list are homemade pasta, chocolate mouse, and pork chops

10. Lose 5 pounds - or tone it but it's got to go somewhere, by exercising portion control and..just exercising

11. Put things away when I am done with them - sounds elementary, I know, but when your parents tell you it's an important habit to get into before you grow up, they are not kidding!

12. Master the art of extreme couponing

13. Decrease my sugar intake - Possibly the hardest since I'm such a sweet tooth, but I'm starting small, with my morning coffee

14. Drink more water and start drinking green tea - my skin needs a little more love

15. Become a better student and a better teacher by remaining organized - as well as getting of my you-know-what and getting stuff done

16. Get my rings cleaned once every six months

And possibly the most important...

17. Talk less and listen more!

Sure, I've lost almost two weeks headstart, but better late than never. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment