Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Watching "Julie and Julia" and drinking coffee. I have a love-hate relationship with this movie, mostly because I don't like the way Julie treats her husband, however, I absolutely adore the rest of it! The cooking, the romance, the writing. It makes me want to be a better person. It almost makes me wonder if June Cleaver is truly the proper model of homemaking. Of course the answer is yes, because she is all the good things Julia Child is, only better - because she has the advantage of being fictional.

Truth be told, I don't much feel like going to work today. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy my job. I suppose it's just spring fever, or summer fever as it were. I'll be taking the summer semester off from school and, completely contrary to my typical scholastically ambitious character, I am thrilled! So I guess my psyche is just preparing for the thrills of freedom prematurely. All I want to do is drink coffee, and read, and cook, and bake, and write. But hey, the time is coming. And of to work I go. In honor of Julia, I shall wear pearls.

I realize when I refer to you readers as if there are more then 3 of you, it possibly sounds silly, but:

I hope you all have wonderful Wednesdays!

1 comment:

  1. Hello dearest June: I love the movie "Julie/Julia" but also complained about it for the same reason. Thanks for posting today! Whenever someone says "Happy Wednesday," I always think of Winnie the Pooh, who said "Happy Winds-day, Piglet!" on that blustery day. <3 {{{Hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete